Monday, March 07, 2011

First class train in Sri Lanka







Traskar glatt fram till den vänstra biljettluckan

- could I have a first class ticket to Galle please?
- sorry mam, no first class
- oh, but it says first class here
- no that's only the Kandy to Nuwara Elyia train

Vi befinner oss ca 5 timmar från båda orterna

- oooooohkeyyyy, just a ticket to Galle then please.
- next counter please, mam

Skyfflar mig en meter mot höger. Mannen bakom gallret gör det samma

- Good morning mam, How can I help you?

Men herregud? Ser alla europeer verkligen så likadanna ut???

- yes Good morning, can I please just pay for a ticket to Galle?
- Galle madam, yes certainly, second or third class?
- ööh, second please
- no problem mam, next counter please

Med extrem entusiasm flyttar sig gubben bakom gallret tillbaka mot vänster.

- Good morning mam, How can I help you?

Skämtar han med mig? Ser inget nedlåtande småleende, bara det normala vackra leende man möts av från alla lankeser. Biter alltså ihop, ler tillbaka

- yes good morning sir, I would, if it's possible, buy a second class ticket to Galle. Not via Kandy, Jaffna, Dambulla or anywhere else. Directly to Galle. Second Class please.
- you want to go to Kandy mam?
- no, no just joking. Please a ticket to Galle.
- second or first class mam?
- I thought you didn't have first class!!!!!
- yes mam we certainly have. From Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
- but I'm nowhere near Kandy or Nuwara Eliya, I'm far far away on the cost. I just want a second class ticket to Galle!!!!! Please!!!!
- yes madam, 100 rupees.

Utmattad

- thank you! When is the train leaving please?
- maybe ten, maybe eleven, not so sure
- ouh.... What's the time now please?
- there's a clock just above you mam.

Den klockan visar kvart, tio och fem minuter före tre....


---
Posted from my iPhone

No comments: